Prep Time: 20mins plus, standing & overnight freezing | Cook time: 4 mins | Serves: 4 to 5 people
1 cup mixed dry fruit
115g glace cherries, cut in quarters
50g candied apricots, chopped
50g candied pineapple or ginger, chopped
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
2 tablespoons orange liqueur
1 tablespoon brandy
2 liters vanilla ice-cream, softened
4 tablespoons chocolate chips
50g chopped pecan nuts
25g cocoa powder, sifted
2 tablespoons soft brown sugar
115g plain chocolate, chopped
1 tablespoon of brandy
- Place a 2 litre ceramic pudding dish in the freezer to cool for at least an hour prior to mixing ingregients. It can be lined with clingwrap in 2 strips that overhangs the edge of the bowl by 20cm.
- Soften the icesream in the fridge for at least 45 minutes.
- Mix together all the fruit, the orange rind, liqueur and brandy in a bowl. Set aside for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Using a metal spoon, break up the softened ice cream in a large mixing bowl. Add the fruit mixture, chocolate chips, and nuts and stir until well mixed.
- Spoon in the ice cream mixture into the pudding dish and smooth the surface. Cover with the excess clear film and freeze overnight.
- To make the sauce, put the water, cocoa, butter and sugar in a small pan. Stir over a low heat for 4 minutes, or until the mixture boils and the sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat, add the chocolate and stir until melted. Stir in the brandy.
- Unmould the ice cream onto a chilled/frozen serving platter, cut into wedges and serve with chocolate sauce.
Share this post: