This is an oven recipe, reducing the need for oil, and is best eaten within 30 minutes of baking to retain the light and crispy texture.
Can be used as a side dish to slow cooked meals, a salad topping or just a quick snack.
1/2 bunch fresh kale leaves
Olive oil or coconut oil
Salt and pepper
1. Strip leaves from central stem by holding the base, gripping the leaves and running your hand down the stem. Discard stem.
2. Wash and dry leaves thoroughly.
3. Drizzle 1-2 tablespoons of good quality olive or coconut oil over the leaves and toss.
4. Salt and pepper the leaves and add 2 tablespoons of dukkah and toss again.
5. Place on baking tray in single layer.
6. Bake in 150degree fan forced oven / 160 deg non fan forced for 15minutes. Toss again and bake a further 10 minutes.
7. Check the chips. They should be crispy and starting to blacken slightly around the edges. Remove from oven. If there are any leaves which are still soft leave them in the oven for a few more minutes.
8. In the unlikely event you have left overs store in an airtight container.